An overview of the highlights of the new BMW K1600GTL:
- Adaptation to EU4 requirements.
- 6-cylinder in-line engine including new catalytic converters and adapted data status according to EU4 requirements, with an output of 118 kW (160 hp) at 7,750 rpm and a maximum torque of 175 Nm at 5,250 rpm.
- Enhanced visual presence.
- optimized wind and weather protection due to enlarged slipstream deflectors as well as side trim sections moved further to the rear.
- Relaxed, upright seating posture with handlebars shifted further back (as compared to the K 1600 GT) and lower footrests.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA with automatic damping adaptation as standard.
- Reverse assist for even simpler maneuverability as an ex works option.
- Shift Assistant Pro for shifting up and down without clutch activation as an ex works option.
- Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option for rapid assistance in an accident or emergency (currently only available in European markets with Connected Drive capability).
- New attractive color schemes:
– Light white non-metallic
– Thunder grey metallic
– K1600GTL Elegance: Ebony metallic/Black storm metallic
- Extensive standard equipment (ABS Pro, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, xenon headlamp, grip and seat heating, multi-controller, three riding modes, cruise control, top case with integrated comfortable back rest, etc.).
- Diverse range of well-established optional equipment items (adaptive turning light, daytime riding light, Keyless Ride, Hill Start Control, central locking, forged wheels etc.).
- New and familiar Original BMW Motorrad Accessories, e.g. comfortable passenger footboards, additional brake light for top case, HP sports silencer, chrome parts, crash bar etc.
Enhanced visual presence, improved wind and weather protection and optimized ergonomics for even greater comfort.
The appearance of the new K 1600 GTL is especially striking due to its more elegant and dynamic lines. The side trim sections have been redesigned from the enlarged and more efficient slipstream deflectors downwards, for example, and have been drawn backwards for improved wind and weather protection. There are also wind deflectors to provide more effective protection for the rider’s hands. The two mirrors are also newly styled as well has having enlarged mirror areas with an aspherical section for a further enhanced view of traffic to the rear. The emblem carrier and model designation are presented in high-quality chrome.
The foot guard and storage compartment on the left and right in the lower area of the engine (now both standard features) have also been redesigned.
Optimum travel suitability is guaranteed by the standard top case, fitted with a back pad that allows the passenger to lean back and relax over long distances.
Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA with automatic damping adaptation as standard.
With the standard electronically controlled suspension Dynamic ESA and its adjustment modes “Road” and “Dynamic”, the new K 1600 GTL opens up a whole new dimension of ride comfort, stability and dynamics to provide an incomparable riding experience.
In the standard setting “Road”, damping adaptation is fully automated and offers the very highest level of comfort and traction over virtually all surfaces. Depending on customer preference, the spring preload can be adapted to the load state at the press of a button and independently of the damping. Likewise at the press of a button – conveniently positioned on the handlebars, so it is even possible during travel – the rider can switch to the damping characteristics “Dynamic”, thereby selecting a tighter damping set-up overall.
New reverse assist for convenient maneuvering.
The new K 1600 GTL meets the demands of a luxurious touring bike even when maneuvering. The reverse assist function can be conveniently activated from the left handlebar panel at the press of a button. Movement itself is initiated by the rider by pressing on the starter button.
Shift Assistant Pro for shifting up and down without using the clutch.
Shift Assistant Pro, available as an ex works option, enables the rider to conveniently shift up and down without activating the clutch or throttle valve and can be used for most gearshift operations.
Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option for swift assistance in an accident or emergency.
Ensuring the fastest possible assistance in the event of an accident or in situations of emergency and danger can save people’s lives – something that particularly affects motorcyclists. For this reason, the new K 1600 GTL can be fitted with the e-call system “Intelligent Emergency Call” as part of an optional equipment item available ex works.
This option will be introduced in numerous European markets by 2018. It should be noted that this function will initially only be available in markets with Connected Drive capability.
Comfortable footboards and exclusive forged wheels as individualization options.
A wide range of Original BMW Motorrad Accessories and optional equipment items available ex works means that the new K 1600 GTL leaves virtually nothing to be desired. New footrest base plates now permit installation of comfortable footboards for the passenger. Newly designed, optional forged wheels, each with eleven double spokes, further enhance the exclusivity of the K 1600 GTL.
Three exclusive color variants from “Sport” to “Elegance”. The new K 1600 GTL is presented in the three new color variants Light white non-metallic, Thunder grey metallic and Ebony metallic/Black storm metallic.
In conjunction with an engine in Platinum metallic as well as the frame and contrasting parts in the finish Monolith metallic matt, the color Light white non-metallic highlights the flowing proportions and the emotional design of the K1600GTL.
By contrast, the color Thunder grey metallic gives the GTL a classic timeless look.
The K 1600 GTL Elegance in the paint finish Ebony metallic/Black storm metallic emphasizes refinement and exclusivity. Here, special chrome accentuations on the front mudguards and slipstream deflectors make a sophisticated, luxurious statement.
Additional materials: BMW_Motorrad_presents_the_new_BMW_K_1600_GTL.
3 year warranty
Ride on & on & on.
Get up to 3-years or 36,000 miles warranty on all new motorcycles.