BMW F850GS Adventure
For more than ten years, the GS models in the BMW Motorrad F series have embodied the premium range in the middle class travel and adventure enduro segment. High-level touring capability, absolute long-distance suitability, sporty dynamic riding and superior offroad qualities are its outstanding strengths.
Following the newly developed BMW F750GS and F850GS presented in autumn 2017, the new F850GS Adventure now expands the premium BMW Motorrad range in this segment. Based on the dynamic and offroad oriented character of the F850GS, the new Adventure ideally unites agility and touring capability as well as increased offroad competence and outstanding long-distance qualities. Like the legendary boxer-engined BMW GS Adventure role models, the new F850GS Adventures now offers dedicated travel enduro riders, offroad oriented touring riders and globetrotters the perfect companion in the middle class for exploring the remote corners of the planet by motorcycle. Get more details here.
New, powerful and refined 2-cylinder in-line engine with 90 degree crankpin offset and 270/450 degree ignition spacing.
The developers achieved a powerful and emotionally appealing sound by employing a crankshaft with a 90 degree crankpin offset and 270/450 degree ignition spacing. Vibrations are absorbed by the new engine’s two counterbalance shafts. A self-amplifying, anti-hopping clutch not only provides a discernible reduction in the hand clutch operating force but also enhances safety on the road through the drop in engine drag torque. Power transmission to the rear wheel comes from the six-speed gearbox with secondary drive that is now positioned on the left-hand side.
The riding modes “Road” and “Rain” plus ABS and ASC ensure plenty of riding enjoyment and enhanced safety as standard. Pro riding modes available as optional equipment.
The new F850GS Adventure addresses individual rider requirements by offering “Rain” and “Road” riding modes as standard, while the combination of BMW Motorrad ABS and the ASC automatic stability control ensure a high level of safety. Thanks to the standard dynamic brake light, traffic behind the rider is made even more aware of the braking motorcycle. The F850GS Adventure can be fitted ex works with optional equipment, such as “Pro” riding modes and in turn the additional “Dynamic”, “Enduro” and “Enduro Pro” riding modes as well as the DTC dynamic traction control and banking capable ABS Pro.
Sharper, even more masculine Adventure design, optimised ergonomics and increased globetrotter suitability.
New, more masculine body design emphasises the F850GS Adventure’s globetrotter suitability. A larger windshield, which can be adjusted in two stages, as well as hand protectors provide increased wind and weather protection. Wide enduro footrests, adjustable shift and foot brake levers as well as engine protection bars and a stainless steel luggage rack round off the F850GS Adventure’s standard equipment. In addition to the basic version, the new F850GS Adventure is available in Exclusive and Rallye style variations.
The highlights of the new BMW F850GS Adventure:
- Powerful 2-cylinder in-line engine with a displacement of 853 cm³ and 70 kW (95 hp) at 8 250 rpm and 92 Nm at 6 250 rpm.
- Very powerful, emotional sound due to crankshaft with 90-degree crankpin offset and 270/450-degree ignition spacing.
- New steel bridge frame for increased robustness and riding precision.
- New upside-down telescopic fork plus aluminium two-sided swinging arm with central spring strut for an even more sensitive response.
- ABS, ASC and the riding modes “Rain” and “Road” as standard.
- Riding modes Pro with ABS Pro and dynamic brake light, DTC and the new riding modes “Dynamic”, “Enduro” and “Enduro Pro” as optional equipment.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA as an optional equipment item.
- New onboard electrical system with more powerful alternator and starter.
- LED headlamp as standard.
- LED daytime riding light and LED additional light as optional equipment.
- Connectivity with multifunctional instrument cluster including 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen and numerous features as an optional equipment feature.
- “Intelligent emergency call” eCall for help as optional equipment.
- Optimised off-road and travel suitability along with improved wind and weather protection.
- Optimised ergonomics, especially for dedicated offroad riding.
- 23 litre fuel tank for ranges up to 550 kilometres and more.
- Enhanced GS Adventure profile due to new design.
- New colour along with the two style variants Rallye and Exclusive.
- A range of optional equipment and accessories that is unique in the middle class.
3 year warranty
Ride on & on & on.
Get up to 3-years or 36,000 miles warranty on all new motorcycles.